Thursday 18 October 2012

Digipak techniques practice:

A small post demonstrating the use of a few techniques I have picked up through my research and anaysis for my Digipak.

An example of how I will create 3D text for the main front cover title on the Digipak album. There will be 3 different layers on the Photoshop version, all of the same text and font, and the texts, in different colours, will all be positioned in front of each other, slightly lower and to the left to create a visual, 3D effect.

A second example demonstrating my previous mention of contrast in used fonts. My main titles and subheads will be made with a stand out font, not the same as BlackOak STD, but with a bold, stand out, outgoing font that attracts attention. In contrast, to make text relevant to the soft rock genre content I analysed in my examples, the remaining text and paragraphs will be produced using a casual, classical font such as Imperial BT as shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment