Tuesday 16 October 2012

My overall ideas and decisions:

The overall ideas I have for my Digipak, based on previous analysis and inspiration tasks:

My overall ideas are as follows:
-          The front cover will still have the Josh U R text in the bottom right corner of the front cover serving as the main title. Using the inspirations and ideas I have gained throughout the past fortnight of analysis and inspiration writing tasks, I have concluded that a fitting front cover for my soft rock Digipak would be to have a sketch as one of the images, much like how I am Kloot and Elbow did in some examples I analysed. Since the sketch only has to be simple and the chances of me taking a ‘good’ photograph are slim, this will be a good idea to have in my front cover to attract my intended target audience. Since my target audience, however, is young adults and not older people, the drawings I make for my Digipak front cover may need to be drawn in a more ‘juvenile’ style.
-          The gradient fill will be used still, as the main photo image of half of my face as demonstrated in my original drawing idea will still be used as part of my front cover as well, which will appear over the black background in the lower left corner of the cover. The font is undecided pre-production but I will use fonts that will be necessary and fitting to the overall appearance and intentions of the Digipak I am making, much like how appropriate typography was used in the examples I analysed. The colour scheme will be black, white, and brown and orange, which was one of the colour schemes I analysed in my colour palette post. This is a seemingly fitting palette for a soft rock album Digipak.
-          The back cover will have a track list, structured in a professional looking and appropriate style, it will follow the colour palette and will have acceptable typography and fonts used for a soft rock back cover. Underneath the track list will be a series of other required elements, such as a barcode and other copyright details, etc…
-          The inside panels will have images of either empty fields at night (which will illustratively portray emptiness, loneliness, and darkness via an image of negative entity, which will therefore relate to the narrative I am including in music video of a man who is drunk and alone. Either this or my new idea will be used. The new idea I have is to use a similar technique but instead of fields, use an urban or even rural area. Anywhere with pubs and relevant backgrounds. Possibly the same location I am filming my video in. The shots will still be taken at night, and without any people around, so the shots will still reflect emptiness and loneliness. However, since open fields have little relevance to my work, maybe I will use populated areas instead.
-          The extra panel I left out in the sketch idea I made was because I had not ideas for that leftover panel. Originally, the lyrics, not track list, were supposed to appear on the back cover. But since it seems both more stereotypical and useful to include the track list on the back cover, the lyrics now need a new location in my Digipak. Therefore, the spare 6th panel will belong insertion of the lyrics of the most significant (no. 1 standard) songs, including the Proof video I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment