Tuesday 25 September 2012

Considering representations:

Who: I will be the performer in the music video, posing as the artist Josh U R. This is due to the artist being only 18 years old, and being a young yet depressed figure in a relative narrative content feature. I will also use a female friend of mine for the secondary protagonist role, as she will play the girlfriend that the man in the song is sad over losing.

What: It will be a narrative video dominantly filmed at my house, with a few other locations which may be used if necessary. The video will consist of 17 meaningful shots, and the artist, me, will be performing in front of the camera.

Why: My target audience is young adults who can associate with the depression/emotional redemption storyline, and of a low middle class socio-economic background. The video was narrative so it would be easier to appeal to them with the use of my original footage and techniques. The video has to be appealing to the audience otherwise all research and planning seems pointless. Which is why I used primary research on the audience to check.

Where: I will be filming mostly at my own house and street for most of the shots. I will use my street, living room and kitchen for the filming of different shots, as I designed in the storyboard and Animatic. This location is so filming is much easier, and because it's how I planned in my planning and research stage.

How: I have selected shots where it won't be hard to film myself. The shot quantity is not unreasonable and will allow further flexibility within production time constraints. The props required won't be too hard to access and the filming should not take too long. The production is easy to follow, yet if managed right, the end product can still be both visually impressive and appealing to the target audience, like I plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment