Thursday 20 September 2012

Storyboard animatic:




Images I sketched for the animatic video:
Scan-to-Me from 192 168 255 105 2012-09-25 091456

The animatic is a basic presentation of how the video is supposed to be produced. The shots have been drawn basically in pencil (with unfortunate low skill levels) to show when they will appear in the song.

Explanations: Since most of the footage is going to be original, some confusions of the images and their meanings have been an issue so these are the justifications:
- Shot 1 is a shot which will begin with me walking down the road and up to my house. This is not necessarily shown in the animatic due to each shot being drawn as a single image. But the actual intention is for the handheld camera to move during the first shot.
- Shot 17 at the end shows me and the girlfriend walking together, away from the camera as it rests on a surface. The confusion was what the whole image was. The image I made shows them walking towards the sunset with hills surrounding them. While this may not be exactly what appears in the final product, the drawing was not drawn very well, due to my lack of artistic ability. The hills were mistaken for gravestones during a comment made about the animatic. This is not the intention. Most of my footage is still ambiguous in its exact content and features. The last shot will generally be me and the girl walking off together. To clear any confusion, the things around them were hills and a sun as an example of a slected scenery around them. The actual used scenery is not yet known, but the final shot will probably be filmed in a less spacious and more populated area, and gravestones are certainly not going to be used...
- Shot 2 is supposed to focus on a messed up living room, with more than just a few beer bottles. The image and illustration should be played up more. While the image, as poorly drawn as it is, does actually represent a messy room, te location shots, posted on my blog, display a room, and the house actually, as much more clean and cared for. The location shots were filmed at night on a usual day. When I took the shots, I did not go as far as to trash the room up just for the photos. The location shots are just an example of where I will film most of my video. The actual video will feature the same room but with a much more messy appearance and 'grim' environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment