Tuesday 11 September 2012

Ideas for the music video:

Ideas for the music video:
My idea for the music, basically, is to recreate the I am Kloot video, Proof. This video was selected because it is simple to produce. It is a one shot video with a man staring at the camera while meaningful lyrics play. However, in my planned remake of Proof, I plan to make some changes…
Changes to production:
The production will be progressed differently in a way that will help my recreation to look more ‘dynamic’, in other terms; I will provide greater levels of narrative and illustration than the original.
For instance, unlike the original, my video will consist of an opening segment that occurs before the lyrics begin playing, the shots will consist of the outside of a pub, the inside of a house with beer dropping to the ground, and a few shots of the main artist, AKA me, being depressed. These features will be added as they provide a greater amplification of the story and meaning. In the original, so much was ambiguous or mysterious. Was the man depressed because he was hung-over? Or was he dumped? Has he lost a friend or family member? My version will provide greater evidence of what the storyline to the video actually is and it will amplify its significance to the story. In this process, it will also make the video appear to be more interesting from an illustration perception.
Another thing I will do is provide extra shots and collages in the video whenever the main verses pause, and these images will also be relevant to the narrative objective. This will also achieve these aforementioned goals. However, the main production type will remain, as the majority of footage will still focus on the close up of my face.
Changes to artist and audience:
My audience has expanded against the original. While the original audience had a single, narrow audience, in middle aged men primarily, my video will be aimed at a comparably broad audience, this being both the middle aged men, as well as youthful men and women. I did this because my video will allow large audiences to be gained. My narrative and illustrative techniques and tweaks to this video alone will make it appeal to the younger audience in additional to the already gained one. My theory being that this video conforms to stereotypes that teens are people associated with drugs, romance and depression, and this should appeal to the majority of the people in this demographic.
While my video aims at two separate audiences, the target audience overall is still more narrow than some videos. I decided not to aim for an audience too broad otherwise there would be too much casualty in the present fan base. The audience for target has been selected based on audience expectations, marketing techniques, and my video type.
My artist will be myself, despite not quite being the age of Chris Eccleston, the original performer. Firstly, I figured if I was to appeal to a younger audience in addition, it would be appealing if the video featured a younger main artist to it. Also, the age of the performer in proof is not so significant. The important qualities here are that the artist can look depressed and display emotions and facial expressions easily.  The artist must also be able to match expressions with the change in lyric meaning throughout the song, which I will be able to do.

The 25 word pitch for my video idea:
'A video of simplicty and emotion recreated into an innovative video of amplified illustration and musical experience. It is Proof, but visually upgraded in style.'

No comments:

Post a Comment