Tuesday 20 November 2012

How I can use cross media production:

In other words, how can I make my Diigpak and poster relate to my actual video. During development of these products, I had to try and relate my Digipak and poster to the video I was planning to develop.

Unfortunately, my previous plans for my video did not consist of the current idea or its properties that I recently discussed with the teaching staff over. My idea was still based on my draft at the time of development of even the final stages of these 2 products. This means that my backgrounds, images used, fonts, colours, all related more to that video of a trapped, entrenched soul that was suffering from booze and being punished by heartbreak. That was why I used my wall with the prison image, AKA the barbed wire, for my front cover, besides it being a Calvin Harris inspired cover. The use of the brick wall in my Digipak and poster was significant, and it supplied imagery of being trapped, tortured, punished, and suffering.
My current video idea does relate to that sort of imagery and presentation vaguely and subtly, but not as entirely as the previous idea. In order to produce a series of products and a video with consistency and use of cross media production, I need to consider how to make my productions relate…
Firstly, it seems that the use of an anachronism will be used, AKA an incorrect time reference. It seems that a cross between chronologies will be used to create an effective narrative visually. On one side of the sofa in the shot, I will be sitting still, more or less, talking to the camera, singing the lyrics to the Proof song. Meanwhile, the female actress I am using will be performing most of the visual acting. She will be acting a year relationship in 3 minutes, while I am in another time period, after she has left, reflecting on the relationship we once had. It’s like I’m not even there. (In terms of logic and correct chronology, I am not.
Now, with this storyline there comes some obvious mental punishment. Some psychological entrapment of the man in the video’s mind. He is suffering inside due to being punished because his girlfriend has left, and he is trapped because all he can do is sit back and reflect and what events have transpired. Basically, you could argue that the man in the video still possesses all of the same negative mood qualities that he had in the previous idea of mine. He is still trapped, punished and tortured inside because ‘everything that has transpired’ in the relationship that took place before his reflection process in the video ‘has done so not according to his design.’ This means that the Digipak and poster bare significant relevance to the video because the brick wall image and other use of presentation in these products relate to the narrative of the music video. It may be beneficial for me to provide emphasis towards these moods during filming and editing of the video in a procreative way…

No comments:

Post a Comment