Tuesday 6 November 2012

New Digipak inspiration:

Based on the negative feedback I recieved for my Digipak and poster, a lot of improvements will be required to achieve the higher, or in my case, even acceptable grades. Despite various tips of small improvements to be made, none some like they could boost me up to the high marks at this stage. After all, making minor improvements would hardly boost me from 3/20 marks AKA 15% approx. to a high, exceptional grade, could it?
My latest inspirational actually comes from the latest number 1 album that has just been released...


The most recent album cover on the BBC number 1 list is nothing more than a simple design, one that I could be inspired by for my own production. The cover is basically a fitting, well looking image with the main artist placed in a position, with simple, fitting text and lines that serve as the main title. The design is easy to produce, yet it works so well. Enough to be attractive enough as BBC's number 1 album as of November the 4th 2012.

My new idea will use this as a general example or template. I could very easily use a wall or content fitting surface to use as the primary background of my Digipak front cover. I could feature in the shot in an appropriate appearance and position. Then adding simple but fitting text should not be too difficult to do. If this attempt works, I could actually transfer from a 3/20 fail grade to somewhere around full marks standards. The attempt will have to be successful, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment